Today's refashion features this cute little embroidered top by Karen Kane.
Sorry Karen, I wasn't feeling the elastic. :(
LOL, okay now I'm just being silly. :P
Anywhooss, read below to see what this little top got transformed into!
1. I cut off the elastic at the sleeves and the hem.
2. After, I stitched down the raw edges on the sleeves and hem.
3. I cut out the lace panels as shown below.
The top is for the bottom hem, and the bottom two are for the sleeves.
4. I sewed on the lace panel to the bottom hem as shown.
I wrapped it around the finished edge, and zig zag stitched down.
Right sides of the lace & shirt facing together!
It looks like this when done.
5. I started sewing at the middle of the back, and wanted to leave a little overlapping flap. I now had to close this off.
6. I pinned and sewed one side first.
7. Next, I pinned and sewed the other flap.
8. Finally, the sleeves were left. I sewed them on the same way I did the bottom hem, EXCEPT, I closed off the lace panel first. (So in other words, no overlapping flap)