I got this dress in a cheap bundle on Yerdle.
I really liked the color for summer, and when I realized I don't own anything this color, I decided it was a keeper.
I wasn't a big fan of the sleeves though. I felt they were like almost sleeves, but not really long enough...I don't know LOL.
See the sleeves? I felt they were like sleeves, but tanky-topy at the same time. I'd rather have either sleeves or tank top straps. One or the other LOL.
1. First, I ripped the seams of the neckline binding from the top of the sleeves.
2. Next, I cut off the remainder of the sleeves.
3. After that, I made the sleeves out of a navy blue lace I bought at the Fashion District.
I cut where the blue line is shown, for seam allowance.
4. How the sleeves looked like.
I was liking how the halter-typeish style was looking like, but I didn't want the lace to go to waste. :(
5. I sewed the sleeves to the sides of the dress first, not the neckline binding!
6. After that, I sewed the binding closed again.