Today's refashion turned out so cute! It started off as a tank top from Chico's with raw edged fabric detail on the front, and chiffon detailing on the neckline and armholes. I liked the details, I just didn't really like how it stopped there. I needed some cuteness! This refashion reminded me of a little cute cupcake, hence the name. :)
1. I cut the bottom layer of the shirt as shown. I got the 45" because of this:
the shirt's hem was 25" across laying flat, so I multiplied it by 2 and took off 5". This is so I can gather the fabric. The pink line is the fold line.
2. I chopped off 4 1/2" inches off the bottom of the tank.
3. After sewing a gathering stitch, this is how it looks. (folded in half).
4. I sewed on the bottom ruffle as shown.
5. Next, I made a bow out of the fabric I chopped off in Step 2. I sewed along the pink dotted lines, then turned both inside out.
6. How it looks:
7. Then, I hand sewed it on the front.