I had this top and really liked it, especially the message, but I felt it needed something else.
1. I cut out a rectangle like this, on the fold. Measurements are shown below.
2. Then, I gathered the top part of the rectangle to sew on to the bottom of the shirt. I sewed it on as shown.
3. I was left with this unattractive stitch line here so I decided to do something about it.
4. I sewed some lace trim on top of the stitch line, so unattractiveness no more! (Is that even a word?)
5. The neckline was too big, it was sort of "saggy." I took in about 1/2" from each side.
You can't even tell!
6. To finish it off, I sewed on lace trim to the sleeves as well.