"Modern Fairytale" :)
It all started off as a tank top that was a little too tight though.
I liked the sequin detailing on the arm openings & the little pocket on front.
I had some chiffon on hand that was the same color as the sequins.
I really liked the beige/pink combo. Reminded me of "fairytale princess" colors...hence the name...
1. I cut open both sides of the tank top, even the armhole.
2. I cut out two triangles on the fold, with the top part straight, as shown.
To figure out how tall I wanted the triangles, I simply measured my cut in Step 1 + a couple inches (about 3"-5")
3. I folded over twice, and zig zag stitched, to keep the chiffon from fraying & make clean edges.
(I don't have a serger!)
How the whole thing looks...
4. Next, I attached the first triangle as shown.
(Right sides of the fabric touching)
5. Next, I flipped over the front side of the tank.
6. I flipped it inside out &...
7. ...attached the other side of the triangle.
(Right sides of the fabric touching! It should look inside out at this point)
8. I attached the triangle as shown. I folded over the chiffon to grab the tank top fabric.
9. Lastly, I just hemmed the bottom part, by folding over twice & straight stitch!