LOL, just kidding!
I named it that, because the embroidered flowers reminded me of the traditional outfits from some regions & I love them.
This little summer dress started off as the t-shirt shown below. I got this shirt because I liked the embroidered flowers on the front. That was about it LOL.
I used a dress from Old Navy that was too big for me, for the bottom of the dress. It's such a pretty eyelet fabric! I'm saving the top for another project. Be on the lookout. ;)
1. I chopped the dress for my skirt part of the dress.
2. I chopped the t-shirt.
3. The Old Navy dress came with a slip, so I cut off a shorter piece for the lining.
4. I measured how much elastic I wanted around the waist, and sewed down as shown.
5. I gathered both the top & skirt to the measurement of the elastic.
6. I sewed the skirt part as shown.
7. I flipped it, so only an itty bitty of the elastic is showing.
8. I sewed the top part next. I folded down as I was pinning, to leave a clean edge.
9. I pinned the shirt like this. Right sides together!
Originally, the dress had a big bow as shown below.
BUT, I wasn't convinced, so I took it off & added bell sleeves using the sleeves from the Old Navy dress! Ha, I refashioned my own refashion...
The bell sleeves were a better fit for the dress, because it made it feel more "summery."
The bow was kind of awkward, I don't know, I don't feel it fit in.
I'm obsessed with bows, that's why I tried to make it work in the first place!