I refashioned this plain brown tee about a year ago, here, but I wasn't 100% happy with it. I decided to refashion it with a small detail and I was finally happy with it. I tend to refashion my own refashions. That's why I love clothing. There are endless possibilities!
I didn't like the short sleeves on this tunic. So I added bell sleeves in matching fabric.
1. I cut out the sleeve piece on the fold.
2. I sewed it closed and made a gathering stitch on the top.
3. I pinned it (inside out) to the existing short sleeve.
4. Bell sleeve was now attached.
5. Lastly, I added a brown lace trim to hide the seam.