Finally a sewing post!
I wanted to start up my refashion posts again with a super cute refashion. I've had this ballet print fabric for over a year now, and hadn't used it. I'm sure my fellow refashioners and seamstresses have had a similar experience. It's just so much fun buying cute fabric! The hard part is actually thinking of what to make with it. I had this black stretchy tee that I hadn't used yet either, so I took it out of my stash and put it to use with this fabric.
1. First, I marked the waist, and cut an inch below that to account for seam allowance.
2. Then, chop!
3. I cut out the skirt part of the dress. I cut it on the fold, so it would leave me room to gather the fabric and make it easier to cut.
4. I zig zag stitched the top part of the fabric, and sewed a gathering stitch across the top.
5. I sewed the skirt part together, inside out (of course).
6. This is how I attached the top to the skirt. Both the top and skirt were inside out.
7. I measured the length of the elastic for the waist, and sewed it closed.
8. To make it easier to sew the elastic on the waist, I pinned in the back, the front, and the sides.
9. After that, I pinned in between each section.
Elastic sewn onto the waist? Done.
10. After that, I just hemmed and the dress was good to go!