Today's refashion is perfect for Fourth of July weekend!
This little anchor top was cute, but it needed a little extra something.
I decided to add a scalloped edge with red contrasting fabric.
*This will be for sale on @beebeebtq! :)
1. I cut a rectangle on the fold as shown. Here is how I got my measurements:
50" : The measurement of the bottom of the shirt, side seam to side seam.
Ex: 24" x 2" = 48" + 2" seam allowance.
10" : How long I wanted the red part to be, plus seam allowance for the scallops.
2. I used a cup to draw out the scallops and pinned the fabric up.
3. I sewed on the scallop drawings, and carefully cut around them.
4. Then I flipped them inside out, and sewed a straight stitch across.
5. I finished off the sides as shown. I didn't want the red part to be closed off, instead I wanted them to overlap.
6. I sewed on the red part to the shirt as shown.