Today's refashion is a simple & easy way to transform a plain t-shirt.
Here is how it looked like before:
The t-shirt was also a little too big for me.
1. I cut off where the waist hits.
2. I turned the t-shirt inside out, and measured how much I needed to sew off with a tee that fit me well. I sewed along the blue lines, then cut off the remainder.
3. I sewed a gathering stitch on the bottom piece.
4. Next, I connected the bottom part to the top, like shown in the photo. I used a zig zag stitch for stretch.
5. I added this cute little lace collar as a finishing touch.
It's not really a full peplum shirt, since I didn't gather it much. However, the small gathering that I did do, gave it a slimmer fit, therefore more feminine.
Now a little dressed up...