I got this shirt back in November, but I never wore it since the neckline was too big, & the back looked weird if I wore it with a cami underneath. I decided to pair it with a tan chiffon I had from over a year ago, and I think it turned out nicely! :)
1. First, I measured A & B. A being the hem of the shirt all around, and B being how long I wanted the chiffon part to be.
2. Next, came C & D. C is the opened part of the shirt, and D is the length of the bows to the hem.
3. Next, all these lovely letters are put to action in this guide!
Yellow: Fold Line
Teal: Zig Zag Stitch
Lavender: Gathering Stitch
P.S. The top rectangle was the piece for the bottom part of the shirt.
The bottom one was for the bow part of the shirt.
P.P.S. I didn't hem the bottom parts of the rectangle, since I used the selvedge as the hem!
4. This is how the bottom piece of the t-shirt looked like after gathering.
5. Next, I attached it to the shirt as shown.
6. After, I closed the open sides.
7. Next, I pinned the other rectangle to the back as shown, and sewed along, until the shirt part ended.
8. After, I sewed the second rectangle to the open sides as shown.
Lastly, I took in the neckline, since it was too big & loose for my taste.