Today's refashion was this tunic pictured below. It's such a nice color for summer, but I felt like it needed a little extra.
I tried to model it, but unfortunately it is too big for me. :( So, this is the only photo I have with it on.
1. First, I cut some length off the sleeves to make way for lace!
2. The top lace rectangles are for the sleeves & the bottom lace panel is for the hem of the tunic.
I sewed a gathering stitch on the top of both panels to fit the sleeves & hem.
3. This is how the lace part of the sleeves looked like after being sewed closed.
4. I sewed the lace part as shown.
I rolled it, like a hem, so it would be a clean edge.
5. Finally, I sewed the hem on as shown, for a clean edge.