"Oranges and Lace" // Tunic Refashion

Today's refashion was this tunic pictured below.  It's such a nice color for summer, but I felt like it needed a little extra. 

I tried to model it, but unfortunately it is too big for me. :( So, this is the only photo I have with it on.

1. First, I cut some length off the sleeves to make way for lace!

2. The top lace rectangles are for the sleeves & the bottom lace panel is for the hem of the tunic. 
I sewed a gathering stitch on the top of both panels to fit the sleeves & hem.

3. This is how the lace part of the sleeves looked like after being sewed closed.

4. I sewed the lace part as shown.

I rolled it, like a hem, so it would be a clean edge. 

5. Finally, I sewed the hem on as shown, for a clean edge.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished